Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Beautiful Vintage Seafoam Green with gold decoration Traveller's Trunk

This is my favorite, a Vintage SeaFoam Green with gold decoration Traveller's Trunk. I have several of these style trunks in my home, that I use for various things. I love trunks and have been fortunate to find several of my trunks at garage sales, thrift stores and flea markets. I recently received a trunk that was my grandfathers trunk he used while he was in the war.



I received a beautiful army green trunk with a few old paper shipping labels still stuck to the side. One of the labels was dated 1946, I swear if the trunk could talk I would learn so much more about my grandfather than I ever knew before. This trunk means more than the world to me, it is rich in history. This trunk once sat at the foot of my grandfathers bunk while he was in the NAVY. I am so happy when I find a trunk, because you never know where it has been.

No comments: