Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Vintage Vanity Dressing Table

I saw this Vintage Vanity Dressing Table and could not get over the memories that it brought back. Back when I was growing up, we lived just down the gravel country road from my Grandma Sis. She lived in an old house that when you walked across the floor it creaked and chirped. My grandma was a beautiful woman who had a dresser vanity just like this one. On this beautiful dresser sat her bristle hair brush, a little thing of powder a big powder brush and the kind of perfume that you squeeze the little ball and out squirts the perfume in a nice mist.

After my grandma passed away when I was around 10 or 11 years old, we inherited the beautiful dresser. Like my grandma, I too decorated it just like she had with the hair brush and powder. I have a love for old pieces of furniture, they tell a story just by looking at them, as did this piece when I first saw it. As an adult you could use this in a bedroom or walk in closet, in a spacious bathroom. You could also out it in a daughters bedroom, she could use it as a study area or even use it to apply her first make up!

1 comment:

Jones 6 of 7 said...

Hello! Is this for sale? If so, where are you located, please? Thank you~~ Shirley