Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Metal Chairs

I found these Metal Chairs on Etsy and it brought me back to my Nana and Papa's deck at there lake home over 20 years ago. They had about eight to ten of them, all with bright lime green and orange floral patterns on them. They were comfy and would rock back and fourth, I believe they even had a rocker style chair too. There were many meals and family gatherings served on the deck, the chairs full of bodies, young and old. Sometimes the chairs held more than one child, eating Popsicles and ice cream.



The deck is where the grand children would hang out at and eat at in the summer time. My Nana and Papa would have a Grand Kids Week the week before July 4th. The boys would sleep in the boat house with Papa and the girls would sleep inside with Nana. The boys did outdoor stuff, while Nana lined all us girls up and painted nails, and gave hair cuts. The girls would sit out on the deck in the Metal Chairs, in hopes to spy on the boys to see what they were up too. I look back on those memories twenty years later and cherish them all.

No comments: