Pages

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Vintage Knickerbocker National Washboard

Growing up my mom had antiques all over our house, including a washboard like this Vintage Knickerbocker National Washboard. My mother had one of these vintage washboards in each of out bathrooms. She used them strictly for decorations. I swore as a child that I would never collect antiques, stating to my mother "I cannot believe that you like this junk". Now an adult myself, I am collecting antiques! Thanks Mom!



About ten years ago I started taking care of my husbands grandmother, at the time she was in her late 80's. She had an old farm house in South Dakota chalked full of antiques. She passed away a year ago in January, my father in law went out to South Dakota and collected some of her antiques for me. One of which was a glass washboard. I now have it displayed in my home. I never knew I could become such an antique lover. I am hooked!

No comments: