Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Swan Creek Candles, Scentsy or Glade Scented Wall Plugins?

When I come home from a long of work the last thing I want to smell is my kids tennis shoes, the dogs or the garbage can. I have yet to find a product that actually takes out the odor while refreshing the air, instead it just temporarily covering it up. I have tried just about everything from Swan Creek Candles (which I love in my bedroom but they just don't take out harsh odors) Glade plug-ins, room sprays, scentsy's etc... you get the picture I have pretty much tried everything.

I have noticed the best results for banishing odor of the source by using baking soda and water mix and spritzing it all over my garbage can, the dogs bed and the entry way (where all of the shoes are housed). I added in a bit of essential oils and have found that it does help cut down on the smell a bit. That mixture plus Glade Plugins and scentsys help to fill up the house with a fresh scent (I usually go for spring/clean smelling waxes). If you are looking for a calming scent to fill your bedroom up at night I love lavender scented swan creek candles. They burn slowly, and evenly, and fill your room up with just the right amount of scent without being to overbearing. I would recommend this for anyone, but if your looking for a strong deodorizer give the DIY spray a try!

No comments: