Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

Another fun Do It Yourself Idea!! Great Storage!

I love when I come across projects that I can create myself. There is nothing sweeter than making something and calling it your own. After all there is less expense if you already have the items and all you need is a little muscle, sweat and time.  My mom and I are in love with re-purposing furniture as well as other items, creating functional pieces. Here I found a great idea from Better Homes & Garden, a Bench & Front Entry Storage.



Turning an old side board table or buffet style table into a useful bench with storage is a great idea. I am hoping I find a piece like this to re-purpose this summer while shopping at garage sales or thrift shops. All you need is the furniture piece, cut the legs off and sand the bottom. I would of course add some chair floor protectors to the bottom to protect my floor, they can be found on Amazon.

I have to find one of these to re-purpose, using a laundry basket and a folding chair just isn't very decorative. I love that you still have storage space for hats, mittens, and scarves, without all the baskets sitting out. You don't need to have this in just your front entry either, this can be set in a quiet space for reading or used in the living room for magazine & book storage as well as extra seating. The ideas are endless, please share with me where you would add this great piece??

No comments: