Pages

Friday, March 29, 2013

Painting Tips

So with our remodel underway I have been really studying what to do and what not to do with paint. Normally I am one that would run out and buy paint and buy a bunch of it at one time. But after doing a little research I found that that is not what I should be doing! Some painting Do's and Don'ts I found were from HGTV and some important things to remember when painting are: The most important is to only but one quart of paint to start, if you buy a bunch of it to finish the whole project and than you don't like it than you are stuck with it......good point!! Take the time to prep your area you are planning on painting, wipe down walls and tape any areas you don't want painted, make sure that you move or cover any furniture.


One of my biggest mess ups when painting, is that when I remove the hardware I usually put it in a bowl, the bowl gets spilled and the pieces get lost. A great tip I learned is to put all hardware in a plastic zip-loc bag. Gather all your supplies and put them in one area before starting, that way you aren't stopping half way through to go find something.

For more great tips on how to paint head over to HGTV and learn more. I love the Behr Process Corporation where you can view a virtual site using the colors you choose. There are so many great colors, how does one choose? 

No comments: