Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

Decorating with a Primitive Ladder

I have had a small primitive ladder in my living room for about a year now, I was really using in for hanging blankets on. That was until my four year old would climb up on it and jump off. Fearing it was going to get broken, I had to come up with something new to use it for. After much thought I decided to hang it on the wall and add our families photos to it. See photo below.



I hung it on my wall horizontally and started arranging my pictures I wanted on there. Pictures of my family, my kids playing there sports and even a picture of my uncle Paul, who is our family HERO. He is in the United States Army and has been deployed to Afghanistan for the past 12 months. We just learned that he and his unit has arrived safely back on US soil! We are very supportive of him and his family, he leaves behind my aunt who is the ROCK of the family while her husband is gone, and five children.

I like the way this ladder looks so I have been on the hunt to find more great ladders like this one. Now that Spring is under way, garage sale season is just around the corner. I am hoping to score some great deals at the garage sales this year. I did happen to find a ladder on Etsy that would work great if anyone is interested in decorating with a little primitive ladder.

No comments: