Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Who say's decorating is only for indoors?

Check out this fun website I found, I was looking for outdoor lighting for our American Flag that we are putting up. We are a military family, many have served several tours over seas. Family members both past and present are service members of all branches. My uncle is on his second 12-14 month tour in three years in Afghanistan. My husband and I love to support him and his family as much as possible so we frequently have his children at our house, or I am having dinners with his wife. 

We had a flag before that was located in our front yard, only having a few solar lights around it's base to light it up. With the help of some family, and my husband's mad skills operating a chainsaw, we have removed several trees around the area of the pole. Now we have a clear area for the flag to fly. Our last flag we got from Menards, in the wind the flag would catch on the nearby branches, causing the flag to weather more quickly. 

Now with the trees cleared around the flag pole we are waiting for our big 4 foot by 6 foot American Flag to come that we ordered from Amazon. Now the next thing on our list is to get some Solar Uplights. Who says decorating is only for indoors? With great lighting from Front Gate we will be able to fly Old Glory under a spotlight!

No comments: